Adrian “The Persuader” Thomas
Your Best Choice for St. David
VISION: A vibrant constituency characterized by the incorporation of advanced technologies and modern methods to improve production for domestic consumption and export sectors.
MISSION: To work closely with constituents, particularly farmers, fishers, and key policy makers to implement sustainable techniques to advance the agriculture, agro-processing and fisheries sectors. To empower the Sustainable Development Councils (SDCs) to devise proper environmental policies that will preserve Grenada’s natural resources.
- University of Leicester, London – LLM – pending
- University of Wolverhampton, London – LLB (Hons.)
- Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry – Diploma in General Agriculture
- St. David’s Catholic Secondary School
- St. Theresa’s R.C. School, Vincennes, St. David
- Deputy Labour Commissioner- Ministry of Labour
- Co-Manager of the Pink Mealy Bug Control Programme.
- Plant Quarantine Officer, Ministry of Agriculture.
- Common Entrance Teacher of the St. David’s R.C, School.
- 28 years of public service.
Political Achievements & Leadership Roles
- Youth organizer
- Executive member of St. David’s Football League.
- Chairman of St. David’s Public Awareness Committee
- President of GPACT
- General-Secretary of St. David’s Cricket Council.
- Built on the work of Dennis Michael Lett in the development of community infrastructure
- Strong community activist
- President of Grenada Professional Association of Calypsonians and Tents
- Past Chairman of the St David Development Committee
- Sports enthusiast
PLANS FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Social and Infrastructural Development
- Institute effective strategies for crime reduction
- Develop sporting facilities, including the provision of adequate lighting on playing fields
- Assist with the further development of the spice industry, through the re-establishment of the production base and the incorporation of technology and modern processes in spice production
- Building of the new St. David Catholic Secondary School
- Implement constituency resource centres that will be well equipped to provide constituents with training in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Attract and retain increasing numbers of youth to the agricultural sector, so that it can develop and grow.
- Improve farming methods and techniques to improve the quality of the yields.
- Increase marketing efforts in the agricultural sector to attract investment and secure lucrative international markets.
VOTE Adrian “The Persuader” Thomas for your Member of Parliament, St. David.