Passion for Public Service
Your Best Choice for St. Mark
VISION: To transform St. Marks into the leading tourist destination in Grenada.
MISSION: To implement policies to ensure the mobilization of resources for economic and social development in St. Mark with emphasis on accountability and transparency in the governance of the constituency.
- Educated at St Mark’s RC School
- Attended St John’s Christian Secondary School
- City University of New York - CUNY (New York)
- University of Cambridge (London), International Relations
- Public Servant - rose through the ranks at the Ministry of Foreign affairs to the post of Permanent Secretary
- Served as Grenadian Ambassador to the United States (Washington) and to the Oganisation American States (OAS)
- Served concurrently as Ambassador to Mexico and Indonesia
- Appointed Organisation of American States (OAS) Representative to Haiti (1995-2001)
- Deputy Head of OAS Special Mission for Strengthening Democracy in Haiti (2002 – 2004)
- Special Representative of the Secretary General in Haiti and Head of the Mission (2004-2007)
- On request of the Grenadian Government, seconded to Grenadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2009)
- Current Minister of Works, Physical Development and Public Utilities
Awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of Bernardo O’Higgins - Highest decoration of the Government of Chile
PLANS FOR THE CONSITUENCY
- Committed to upgrading the sports facilities in the constituency: beginning with the expansion of basketball court at Maran
- Establishment of a sports and recreation facility at River Salee: already secured commitment of stakeholders
- Establishment of a sports facility in Samaritan for use by Samaritan and the surrounding areas
- Education: Emphasis on facilitating children’s access to Information Technology (IT) training in the constituency
- Income Generation: Provide value added services to the Agribusiness and Fisheries industries, such as exists in the small chocolate industry
- Promote St. Mark’s natural heritage, which includes the highest mountain peak in Grenada, purest water, best town layouts, to transform the parish into a leading tourist destination
- Facilitate investment in small hotels, creating jobs and economic opportunities for St. Mark’s small business community
- Good Governance: Emphasis on teamwork for the delivery of services to the people.
He is as modest as his name suggests. Born in River Salee, having served at all levels of the public sector, he understands firsthand the importance of good governance and he’s ready to put his experience to work for you.
The power is yours.
VOTE Denneth Modeste for your Member of Parliament, St. Mark.