Campaign office: Canal Rd., Grenville, St. Andrew; (473) 405-5411; email@example.com
About the Candidate
Profession/Occupation: Educator, Dietician
Birthday: September 20
Marital Status: Married
Patrick Simmons is a passionate and community-oriented Grenadian who is committed to the betterment of Grenada for all Grenadians.
An alumnus of St. Andrew Anglican Secondary School, he holds a BSc. in Dietetics from Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, and an MSc. in Education from the University of the West Indies.
As a seasoned educator, he understands the fundamental role of education in sustainable development, and promotes sports as a means of motivating the youth. His professional career is underpinned by a successful sporting career in which he has numerous accomplishments, including:
• Former national athlete (basketball & track & field)
• Coach, Grenada national basketball team
• Physiotherapist, Grenada national basketball and football teams
• Manager, Grenada national basketball and football teams
• Participated at the parish level of St Andrew Football league, St. Andrew Basketball League and track and field.
His success on the field is matched off the field in the portfolios of great responsibility that he has held with distinction:
• Minister of Youth Empowerment, Culture and Sports.
• Principal, St. Andrew’s Anglican Secondary School
• Lecturer, T.A Marryshow Community College (TAMCC), Teacher's Education Department.
As the NDC candidate for St. Andrew South East, he is proud of the very diverse communities that comprise the Constituency, as well as its great sporting tradition. However, he is also aware and committed to the need for improvement in:
• Citizen representation
• The high unemployment situation
• Physical infrastructure in general and for sports in particular
• The quantity and quality of housing stock available
He believes that the strategic objectives of the NDC present the best blueprint to secure a positive future for Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
Patrick Simmons is an avid sports fan, who still enjoys the opportunity to watch or play, when given a chance. He is also interested in community development, farming, and research.
My Vision for St. Andrew South East
Dear Residents of St. Andrew South East,
I am grateful for the opportunity to once again be the NDC candidate to represent your hopes and dreams for a better Grenada. I have spoken with, and continue to speak with you as the opportunities arise, and one thing that has emerged, from people of every political colour, is that few are happy with the way Grenada is today, or where she is going.
In our beloved Constituency, employment is at its highest level ever. Why should this be the case? Worse yet – why should there be favouritism in who gets jobs or assistance? If Grenada is for all Grenadians, then we all deserve a government that is really for all Grenadians.
On Election Day, you can begin the process of changing things to how they ought to be.
I will reiterate my track record in developing our Constituency and furthering the cause of education, as your representative between 2008 and 2013:
• Secured land for the building of the UWI Open Campus in St. Andrew South East
• Assisted in the construction of Grenville Sports Complex
• Assisted in the construction of Crochu RC School & the technology wing at St. Andrew RC School
• Spearheaded various road construction projects (Telescope, Grenville, Mt. Fan, Grand Bacolet, Crochu, Felix Park, Marquis)
• Secured lighting for Victoria Park in Grenville
• Commenced repairs to the St. Joseph’s Convent, St. Andrew & Marquis hard courts.
• Secured scholarships for a number of young persons to study overseas
• Secured spaces for young people from St Andrew South East to be part of the apprenticeship programme.
As your elected representative in an NDC government, I promise you representation from my heart – your cause shall be my cause, and your voices and mine shall sing in harmony, as we put you, the people of St. Andrew South East, first.
St. Andrew South East