Your Best Choice for St. Andrew South East
VISION: A transformed St. Andrew South East constituency where all constituents have equal access to quality education and training opportunities, which will in turn, improve the overall quality of life of the people.
MISSION: To work closely with constituents and national stakeholders to develop effective strategies that will take advantage of our natural competitive advantage and lead to the balanced development of both social and economic elements of the constituency.
- Married to Barbara Simmons
- Five children ages 17- 29
- MSc. Education; University of the West Indies
- BSc. Dietetics; Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
- St. Andrew Anglican Secondary School
- Minister of Youth Empowerment, Culture and Sports.
- Principal, St. Andrew’s Anglican Secondary School
- Lecturer, T.A Marryshow Community College (TAMCC), Teacher's Education Department.
- Former national athlete (basketball & track & field)
- Coach, national basketball team
- Physiotherapist, national basketball and football teams
- Manager, national basketball and football teams
- Participated at the parish level of St Andrew Football league, St. Andrew Basketball League and track and field
- Secured land for the building of the UWI Open Campus in St Andrew South East
- Assisted in the construction of Grenville Sports Complex
- Assisted in the construction Crochu RC School & the technology wing at St Andrew RC School
- Spear-headed various road construction projects (Telescope, Grenvillle, Mt. Fan, Cuma, Crochu, Civics Park, Marquis)
- Secured lighting for the Victoria park in Grenville
- Consummated repairs to the Convent, St Andrew & Marquis hard courts
- Secured scholarships for a number of young persons to study overseas
- Secured spaces for young people from St Andrew South East to be part of the apprenticeship programme
Patrick is a passionate and community-oriented politician who is committed to the upliftment of all Grenadians. As a seasoned educator, Patrick understands the fundamental role of education to sustainable development and promotes sports as a means of motivating the youth. He believes that the strategic objectives of the NDC present the best blueprint to secure a positive future for Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
VOTE for a politician with a vision.
VOTE Patrick Simmons for your Member of Parliament, St. Andrew South East.