Randolph Harrison Fleary
Your Best Choice for Carriacou and Petite Martinique
VISION: To raise the international profile of Carriacou and Petite Martinique and increase their contribution to Grenada’s gross domestic output through the diversification of the tourism product and the institution of policies and infrastructure which promote entrepreneurship, especially among the youth.
MISSION: To diversify the tourism product and encourage value for education and upward mobility, thereby opening citizens to new technologies whilst actively preserving the rich cultural heritage that exists through family and community life.
- Born in Grenada and raised in the farming village of Petite Carenage.
- Educated at the Dover Model School, Hillsborough Junior Secondary School and Bishop’s College
- Taught at Hillsborough Secondary School (since 1977) Maths, Sciences and Spanish; appointed Head of the Science Department, acting Deputy Principal at the school
- Instrumental in the growth/development of Secondary Schools in Carriacou, the Hillsborough Secondary School and the Bishops’ College.
- 35 years of dedicated service as a qualified teacher
- NDC Caretaker and Candidate for the Constituency of Carriacou and Petite Martinique
- Played pivotal role in helping to restructure the Constituency Branch of the NDC
- President of the Bishop’s College Past Student’s Association
- President of the Carriacou Farmer’s Association
- Treasurer of the GUT Carriacou Branch
- Executive Member of the Carriacou Regatta Committee
- Executive Member of the Carriacou United Cricket Board
- Manager of Carriacou under 19 Cricket Team
- Director on the board of the Grenada Cultural Foundation
- Chairman of the Carriacou and Petite Martinique Carnival Development Committee - raised the profile of Carriacou Carnival
- Chairman of the Independence Celebrations Committee
PLANS FOR THE CONSTITUENCY – KEY INITIATIVES
- Establish a series of “Face-to-Face” meetings to connect with the young, middle-aged and elderly, ensuring that the voice of the citizenry is reflected in the development plans
- Leverage the 35 years experience of working with the youth, to get buy-in and support for programmes geared at empowerment and youth development
- Introduce cultural preservation programmes to ensure that the youth are kept aware and interested in the rich cultural heritage of the sister isles
- Commission a tourism product development steering committee comprised of community stakeholders to guide the discussion on attraction packaging
- Develop our international visitor profile to first world standards, including redesigning the official website and developing social media channels to make information more accessible to discerning visitors
- Pursue international sister city agreements with targeted cities in Europe and Latin America to attract visitors from less traditional markets; this will bring in much needed foreign exchange and open our beautiful island to the world
- Inaugurate a Carriacou and Petite Martinique business directory, showcasing the businesses in the constituency such as shops, tradesmen, and freelance professionals
- Raise the profile of the Carriacou carnival through an international marketing programme to further boost seasonal tourism during carnival. Also expand/diversify activities to promote the traditional ceremonies.
- Launch a constituency newsletter/magazine to regularly update constituents on developments in the community
VOTE Randolph Harrison Fleary for your Member of Parliament, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.